Osteoporosis is a multifactorial disease with roots in genetics, endocrine function, exercise, and nutritional habits. Osteo means “bone” and porosis, “thinning” or “becoming more porous”, together literally meaning “thinning of bones.”
Adequate nutrition is critical in osteoporosis prevention and treatment. Many nutritional factors have been examined for associations with osteoporosis and bone mass. Calcium is essential for bone development and stability, and low calcium assimilation is believed to contribute to the development of osteoporosis. Vitamin D is essential for the maintenance of calcium levels and increases its uptake in the intestine. Boron is involved in calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus metabolism, contributing to prevention of bone loss associated with osteoporosis. Vitamin K2 from a vegetable source activates osteocalcin, the major noncollagen protein in bone and a specific marker of bone formation.
Copper, manganese, and zinc make up an essential trio in bone metabolism as cofactors for specific enzymes. Calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, trace minerals, and protein are components of bone tissue and are all found in microcrystalline hydroxyapatite (MCHA) in their natural ratios.
- Calcium hydroxyapatite (freeze-dried MCHA) 583.33 mg
- Calcium (from calcium hydroxyapatite*). . . 145.83
- Phosperhous (from calcium hydroxypatite*) . . . 72.83
- Protein (from calcium hydroxyapatite*) . . . 145.83
- Magnesium (from magnesium bisglyicinate) . . . 72.83
- Zinc (from zinc picolinate) . . . 1.67 mg
- Manganese (from manganese citrate) . . . 500 mcg
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) . . . 8.33 mg
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) (166.67 IU) . . . 4.17 mcg
- Boron (from boron citrate) . . . 500 mcg
- Horsetail (equisetum arvense), 7% silica . . . 4.17 mg
- L-Taurine (2-aminoethanesulfonic acid) . . . 8.33 mg
- Glutamic acid hydrochloride . . . 8.33 mg
- Copper (from copper gluconate) . . . 170 mcg
- Vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7) . . . 16.67 mcg
- *From New Zealand beef. Guaranteed free of bovine spongiform enecphalopathy (BSE) and recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH)
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: vegetable magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide in a vegetable capsule comprised of vegetable carbohydrate gum and purified water.
Directions for Use: Adults: Take 2 capsules three times daily with food. If you are taking other medications, take this medication a few hours before or after taking them.
Caution: Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are taking blood thinners, if you are taking cardiac medications such as cardiac glycosides or anti-arrhythmic agents; or if you have been diagnosed with estrogen-dependent cancer. Do not use if you have edema due to a kidney or cardiovascular disease.