Commonly known as ashwagandha, ‘Indian ginseng’, or winter cherry, Withania somnifera has been used as a staple ingredient in Ayurvedic preparations due to its numerous therapeutic properties for over 3000 years.
Ashwagandha is a unique herb with adaptogenic benefits, which helps modulate mood responses to external and internal stimuli. Ashwagandha is traditionally used in Ayurveda for memory enhancement, to balance aggravated Vata (nervine tonic, sedative), as a sleep aid, as Rasayana (rejuvenative tonic), and to relieve general debility, especially during convalescence or old age.
Ashwagandha SAP can:
- Help increase resistance to stress/anxiety in individuals with a history of chronic stress, thereby improving their overall quality of life.
- Improve sexual function in women.
- Help support testosterone production in men.
- Support athletic activities as a workout/ exercise supplement.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root extract 5% withanolides . . . 500 mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Vegetable magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide in a vegetable capsule composed of vegetable carbohydrate gum and purified water.
How to Take: Adults: Take 1 capsule daily or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Caution: Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you have benign prostate hypertrophy and/or prostate cancer; if you have been diagnosed with a hypoactive sexual disorder, or sexual or erectile dysfunction or if you suffer from any psychological disorder and/or condition such as anxiety or depression.